The bad news is that I finished my first bra muslin last night and the result is a gigantic, matronly, unholy terror. See?
It might be better once the trims are applied. I had some gaping in the armholes and the shape was pretty pointy. Using Amy’s guide, I made adjustments to the pattern pieces. I’ll sew up another muslin tonight. One thing I didn’t do, I just realized, is sew down the channels and add the underwires. That seems like a pretty important step. So, I’m going to try out the underwires, then sew muslin number two.
Despite the poor fit, I’m really, really excited about the potential here and the process. It was fun to sew and took such a tiny bit of fabric. My mind is racing with ideas!
Speaking of which, and it’s all good news from here on out, I also plan on making some Rosy Ladyshorts.
I bought black lace trim to go with a lot of my stash knits. Compared to sewing a bra, undies seem relatively straight-forward. I’ve had issues in the past trying to fit bottoms (CLOVERS), but I think these will be different because of the knit fabric.
Annnnnd, I’ve added several new pieces to the shop. Get 20% off with the code SUMMER20 – it’s valid through Sunday.
I’m becoming more active on the Native Clutter FB page, so if you’d like to receive weeklyish updates go here.
It’s free-sew at DDI today, so I’m going to run over and train on the coverstitch. YAY!